Evanston Scholars Mentors
Mentors for Evanston Scholars serve as primary support to Scholars and families as they move through the college application and financial aid process. In addition mentors support the Scholar through their college years.
- Must possess a college degree and the desire to help ambitious youth find success in college.
- Apply to join the program (see link to application on this page), commit to a long-term relationship of at least four years, undergo training, and submit to a background check.
- Special events: Orientation, Initiation Dinner, Graduation Celebration
- Workshops: Mentor training sessions, information on college search, application process, and career readiness. Workshops are a time to connect with your Scholars, their parents and other mentors.
- Twice monthly quality contact with your Scholar: Quality contacts include phone calls, meetings or even long text streams. Our goal is open and meaningful communication. Click here for more detail on mentor guidelines and expectations.