Become an Evanston Scholar
.We are now accepting applications for the Class of 2023. Applications are due Thursday, April 15, 2021 at 11:59PM.
Who should apply? We are looking for high school sophomore students in Evanston who fit most of the following criteria:
- Academically ambitious, motivated and committed students who perform strong academically (over 2.7 GPA unweighted)
- First-generation college students
- Come from a low income household
- Persons of color
- Have a strong desire to complete college
What is the timeline?
- Applications are due April 15, 2021 by 11:59PM
- Interviews take place in late May or early June
- Students will be notified of acceptance decision in mid-June
- Program kicks off July
How do I apply?
1. Complete the online application (click "Apply Now" below)
2. Ask a teacher to submit the Teacher Recommendation Form (click "Teacher Recommendation" below). If your teacher wishes to use Microsoft Word instead of the online form, click here for the Microsoft Word version of the Teacher Recommendation form. Once your teacher fills it out, they can email it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Click here to view our FAQ about the new Scholar application process (in English and Spanish).
Application Info Session: If students and/or parents would like to learn more about the program, or have specific questions regarding the application, they can come to our online Office Hours on April 9, from 4:00PM-5:30PM — they can drop by anytime using this link.
Email any questions about the program or the application to email@example.com. Please include your phone number so we can reach you and be sure all your questions are answered.